Give us this day our daily bread…… Luke 11:3
Bethlehem means “house of bread.” The birthplace of Christ.
For the bread of God is the bread that comes down from heaven and gives life to the world. John 6:33
Then Jesus declared, “I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me will never go hungry, and whoever believes in me will never be thirsty.” John 6:35
- 2 C. warm water
- 2/3 C. white sugar
- 1 1/2 tablespoon yeast (dry active)
- 1 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 C. vegetable oil
- 6 C. flour
- In Kitchenaide Mixer
- 1. Whisk water and sugar until sugar dissolves.
- 2. Add yeast. Whisk, then let it sit until yeast becomes a creamy foam.
- 3. Add salt and oil and whisk.
- 4. Remove whisk attachment and attach the dough hook.
- 5. Add one cup at a time the flour while mixing.
- 6. Continue to "knead" with the dough hook until the bowl is clean of flour and dough.
- 7. Remove hook and put dough in a well oiled bowl, cover with damp cloth and let rise for 1 hour.
- 8. Punch down, divide into 2 loaf pans, cover and allow to rise 30 minutes.
- 9. Bake at 350 degrees for 30 minutes.
Enjoy your Monday! God bless…….