Need a little folate, potassium, and vitamin A in your diet? How about manganese? All four vitamin and minerals are needed to maintain a healthy lifestyle.
Let me introduce to you our green friend who has all of those…..
I love eating him raw in salads, sauteed with a tad of butter and sliced onions, and in zucchini bread.
Last week, I was tickled to death to see zucchini on sale. 67 cents a pound! Almost unheard of! I decided to stock up on the zucchini bread! It is great for dessert or breakfast. And it freezes well!
So here’s how you make it….
Beat your eggs and add your oil…..
Gotta add your sugar….
Oh, I used a low calorie sugar blend. The calories in one cup of sugar is a scary 720. With this low calorie blend it is only 288. That makes me smile.
Add your spices and flour….
Now it is time for the honored guest, Mr. Zucchini, to make his debut…..
Shred him up!
And throw him into the mixture! Mix away!! Then of course put the batter in two loaf pans.
Bake it for 45 minutes and then enjoy!!
Again, the bread can be frozen and enjoyed later when you get a craving for something homemade and yummy!!
Then God said, “I give you every seed-bearing plant on the face of the whole earth and every tree that has fruit with seed in it. They will be yours for food.
- 2 c. coarsely shredded zucchini
- 4 eggs
- 2 c. sugar
- 1 c. vegetable oil
- 3 1/2 c. flour
- 1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 3/4 tsp. baking powder
- 1 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. cinnamon
- 1 tsp. vanilla
- 1 c. walnuts, chopped (optional)
- 1 c. raisins (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Grease and flour 2 loaf pans (9x5x 2 3/4 inch).
- Beat the eggs, add sugar and oil.
- Mix dry ingredients and add to egg mixture.
- Add vanilla, nuts and raisins.
- Add zucchini.
- Bake 45 minutes or until wooden toothpick comes out clean. Let stand 10 minutes then turn out of pan to cool.
- Keeps well frozen. Cut recipe in half for 1 loaf.